Friday, August 19, 2011

First Two Weeks of School Re-cap

Seriously, we have been in school for 2 whole weeks. Already. Here are the blur of thoughts rolling around in my brain after these crazy weeks.

  • Am I always this tired after school? My husband assured me that I am, but heading to bed at 8:30 seems like crazy talk. 
  • My voice is a mess! It is so hard to get used to talking all day again after the summer off. 
  • I have a larger class than normal this year and the piles of papers to grade are already making it clear just how much larger. 
  • My tootsies are sore! Standing and walking all day is an adjustment after the summer. 
  • I have a great class. Honestly. Good students who want to do what is right (most of the time) PLUS they still want their parents and teacher to be proud of them. What a blessing to have good students. 
  • I am really thankful that I like the people I work with. I couldn't imagine working in an environment where I didn't get along with my coworkers. 
  • I have a 25 minute break during the morning this year. I love it! I can actually get some grading accomplished during the day. 
  • The beach theme in my classroom is making me long for sand between my toes and the sound of waves crashing against the beach. 
  • I have hilarious students. One of them asked me if I had ever eaten a Krispy Kreme donut. When I told him yes, he said, "It's like eating a baby angel" Seriously? Where do they come up with stuff like that? 
  • My classroom is next to the K4 classes. Almost every morning, we hear a little one who is crying because they don't want their mom or dad to leave. It makes me incredibly thankful for sixth graders. 
  • I didn't have time to shop for a first day of school outfit this year, but my hubby did take me out to get some new things last weekend. So I had some great 5th, 6th, and 7th day of school clothes:) 
  • For some reason, my house is messier than usual. 
  • I feel like I am super-wife if my husband has a hot meal when he comes home. (even if it is take-out)
This is a much busier year than usual for me, but I am really excited about the challenges that are ahead for me and my students. I feel like I have more to do than ever, and at times I feel like I am not going to be able to keep up. I am so incredibly thankful that God does not require me to do more than I am able to do. I know that if He thinks I can handle all of this, then He will also give me the strength to get through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment