Monday, February 20, 2012

Great is the Mystery



Here is a new set of questions that make me go HMMMMMMMM.


  1. Why does the chicken at Walmart smell so good, but taste so bad? Seriously, they pump this intoxicating aroma into the parking lot and immediately I want to eat fried chicken, but every time I have had it, it is terrible. Perhaps all of the good stuff is burned off in the cooking process. I'll stick to smelling it from now on. 
  2. Why do skinny jeans come in plus-sizes? Honestly, this one should be a no-brainer. Just because they are called "skinny" and because you can squeeze into them does not make you skinny. You look ridiculous. And not skinny. Personally, I don't think skinny jeans look good on anyone. 
  3. Why are people fooled into believing that leggings are pants? I am sure you have seen that girl who is wearing leggings with just a shirt, and not a very long one at that. Leggings are there to keep you warm, and are meant to accessorize your outfit. They are not pants.
  4. Why don't people have a personal space bubble? Perhaps it is just me, but I have a personal bubble that is about arm's length in any direction from my body. If you get inside that and you aren't my husband, then our conversation is over. I really like my personal space. I don't want to smell your breath or feel any more awkward than necessary. This also applies to seats at a movie theater. It is not unreasonable for my purse to get it's own seat. It keeps you a seat further from me. 
  5. Why is it ok to post things on Facebook that you would never say in real life? Maybe it is a picture with a quote that has a bad word in it. Maybe a set of completely inappropriate song lyrics. This is probably the dumbest. Would you just go around saying song lyrics? I understand when a song gets stuck in your head, but when your status says "Jill is...first I was afraid, I was petrified". It doesn't make sense. Also, stop trying to post things that you think only your group of close friends is smart enough to figure out. We aren't dumb, we get it too. 
There. These are the randoms that are roaming through my head these days. Hope you enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Personally....I do walk around saying song lyrics.

    But people do need to understand that Facebook is not Faceless. Those are actual people reading your stupid post. I know I've been guilty of sometimes forgetting that. Now, I try to think, "Is this something I would actually say out loud to a person?" or "Would I be okay with showing this picture to my grandmother?" (who is on my Facebook).

    If not, then email it to the people you want to see it.

    And don't talk to me about the personal space bubble...MATT....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, my friend! My love for Walmart chicken ends at my nose. Skinny jeans are very unflattering on everyone. Folks need to keep their bad breat outta my bubble! Then there's Facebook. It can certainly be a real snare if we let it. Anybody remember "slam books" in school? That's what Facebook looks like sometimes.

    ReplyDelete