Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken Quesadillas!

We have had revival services since Sunday so this week has been CRAZY!! Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday my husband and I have not seen each other until the middle of the church service. We haven't had dinner together since Sunday. Tonight is the first night! WOO HOO!! Making dinner is one of my favorite things to do, but some days it is tough to have the energy to make something fabulous. This is why I love my crock pot. We are having chicken quesadillas for dinner. It is super easy and so good, if I do say so myself!

First, I put 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot, sprinkled a bit of seasoning salt over them, added a cup of water, and left it on low all day while I was at school. When I got home, I took them out and set them on a cutting board to "rest" while I made some pico de gallo. This is super easy too. I cut and seeded 4 plum tomatoes, cut a red onion, snipped some cilantro, mixed it up with a bit of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Now, my pico is in the fridge and the flavors are mixing and it is going to be so awesome!

Then, I took my chicken, shredded it, and put it back in the crock pot. (I dumped all the fatty juices out first) and added a cup of water and an envelope of fajita mix. It is simmering on low until the juice is absorbed. When my husband gets here it is super easy to assemble the fajitas and enjoy them! All that you have to do is put a tortilla in a skillet, add cheese, some of the chicken, some pico, more cheese, and another tortilla. When the bottom is brown, I flip it and in just minutes I have some delicious chicken quesadillas.

I cut them with a pizza cutter and serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. (I really LOVE Wholly Guacamole, and with a coupon it is WAY cheaper than making my own.) Sometimes I will make some Spanish rice to go with the quesadillas.

Now my mouth is watering for these! I can't wait for my guy to get here so we can enjoy this tasty dish together!

What easy recipes do you go for when life is too busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment