Thursday, November 11, 2010

I will never have a blog.

I have said this for many, many, years! I love to read blogs that my friends write, I love to peruse blogs to see the interesting things strangers have to post. But, never, Never, NEVER, will I create my own.
Well, obviously, I have changed my mind, or rather, had a change of heart. I have things to say, and I don't always have an audience. I will not be as faithful as I want to be to writing, but I will try to at least give some of the highlights.

First, here are some things about me. In the last 16 months, I have gotten married, gotten a new job, moved to a new state, and experienced a multitude of other changes. I would love to say that I have been a pillar of strength through these last few months, but I would be lying. I HATE change. I hate small change. I don't even rearrange my furniture. I have learned much from these changes. I have learned about myself. I have learned about my friends. I have learned about my husband. But more than all of these, I have learned how big my God is.

God has taken care of my husband and me in ways I don't understand. My husband lost his job a month before we were to get married. God met our needs for a wedding, honeymoon, and moving expenses. I needed a car desperately. God provided a car for me and a car for my husband. I left my home, my church, and my family. God gave me a place to live, a church to become a part of, and in-laws who love me, PLUS a husband who adores me. When things looked bleak in the economy, God gave my husband his dream job.

I fully believe that God takes care of His people. I know that, but never has this become so apparent in my life than now. I have learned to claim the promises that God has given in His Word. Two verses that have become very dear to me are:

Jeremiah 32:17, "Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee."

Ephesians 3:20, "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us."

I have realized that the things that were hard for me to understand or to work out on my own were never too hard for God. And I have realized that I would be blessed if God would just supply all that I ask of Him, but that He loves me enough to provide exceeding abundantly above ALL I ask or think.

So there it is. I don't profess to be profound. I am not eloquent. But I know that God has been good to me, and I have to share it. Therefore, I will blog.

This is a song that I heard recently and it has really stuck with me. It is about God's goodness.


2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic blog, baby. And you are blessed. But more than that, I am very blessed to have such a Godly and good woman who loves me. I love you, my sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I received a text from Anna saying that your blog is great and I needed to check it out. I love it already!

    ReplyDelete