Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

This week at my house we have tried 3 new recipes. I don't normally feel so adventurous, but this week we tried chicken marsala, chicken parmesan, and a new spaghetti recipe. They were all phenominal, but the chicken parmesan was my favorite new thing of the week. I didn't have a real recipe to follow, but it turned out pretty well and my husband was more than pleased. Here is the recipe that I used...feel free to give it a whirl.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 jar of marinara sauce (I used Bertolli olive oil and garlic...so good!)
mozzarella cheese

First, put the chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound it until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Mix the flour, parmesan cheese, and spices in a shallow dish. Heat some olive oil in a skillet until it is nice and hot. Dip the chicken in the flour/spice mix and place in pan. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until it is a nice golden brown color. Meanwhile, warm the marinara. When the chicken is done, put it on a plate, cover with marinara, and top with some mozzarella cheese. I served it with some steamed broccoli. It was amazing! 

YUMM-O
What new recipes have you loved recently? 

1 comment:

  1. I just blog-stalked you a lot. Good stuff. Keep writing. I like to see what's up with your life. Love you friend. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete