Thursday, February 24, 2011

A New Look?

Perhaps I love my slippers a little too much. Mornings are always hectic at our place. My husband and I leave at the same time. It is usually a mad dash. I like to stay in bed as long as possible. Then I go take a shower while he starts lunches and breakfast. Then I start the hair/makeup/clothes process while he showers. This morning it was so hectic. I was trying to be early (story of my life) but I was still running late. I grabbed my purse and keys and coffee and lunch. My husband was right behind me. Everything seemed normal. I had taken 2 steps out of the house when I realized I was still wearing my pink, fuzzy slippers. I immediately turned around and ran back in to change and what is my sweet, precious husband doing? Laughing. Hysterically. Pointing and laughing. Holding the door frame and laughing. And pointing. And in between chuckles he is muttering that he can't wait to post this on Facebook. I am just thankful that he didn't reach for his phone to take a photo. I just knew he would have. 

Then as I was leaving for the second time, I was suddenly in a better mood. I had had a pretty rotten day on Wednesday and pretty much thought that Thursday would be the same, if not worse. But I am convinced that God has a sense of humor. He let me leave the house in my slippers to give me a good laugh. It certainly changed my disposition. 

Even though my husband didn't get a picture, I took one when I got home just to show the obvious contrast with the slippers and my skirt today. My 6th graders would have never let me forget if I had come to school in pink slippers! 


A new look? 

1 comment:

  1. if it makes you feel better...I still laugh hard whenever I think about it.

    ReplyDelete