Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ever see Monk?

Have you ever watched the TV show Monk? My husband and I recently started watching it on Netflix and after the first episode I was hooked. If you haven't seen it, it is about a former detective with some serious OCD, who uses his unique eccentricities to solve cases for the police department. I love it! I have some of my own OCD issues, everyone does, I am sure. But, as we watch it, Monk will do something totally ridiculous awesome, and I can feel my husband glaring at me. Apparently, Monk and I are kindred spirits. So, today, for your enjoyment, I will give you some of the things that make me a freak unique individual:)

  • I count everything-Steps and stairs are my main ones. There are 11 steps up to our house. I count them every time I go up or down them. There are 15 steps up to my mom's house. There are 5 steps up into the church, then 3 more. See what I mean? The other day I caught myself counting the number of steps that I took to get to the bathroom from my classroom. And then I had to finish counting. There were 77:) 
  • I like even numbers. If I choose to count something, I like the numbers to be even. If they are, I can move on. If the number is odd, I like to find the center of whatever it is. The beams in the ceiling, the blocks on the wall, the rings on the shower curtain. 
  • I HATE germs! I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a germophobe, but I am getting close. I obsess over germs. I over think everything. I worry about what I touch. I don't touch anything in the bathroom that I don't have to. I avoid public restrooms at all costs. Don't tell anyone, but I have never used the restroom at our church because I have such a fear of public restrooms. 
  • I refuse to eat pointy French fries. This is one that benefits my husband. He gets all of my fries that I don't eat. I don't know why I don't like them, but I refuse to eat them if they are pointy or crunchy. 
  • I step on the lines. You know those lines at Wal-mart in the parking lot? I must step on all of them! And I like to align my steps so that I can step on the cracks of the sidewalk too. 
  • I have food issues too.  I don't like for my food to touch on my plate. I also don't like to eat a few bites of one thing and then eat something of another. I eat all of one thing and then I move on to the next. 
  • I have a routine for everything. The way I shower, hair first, face last. The way I clean, bedroom first, dining room last. Before I go to bed I put lotion on my hands, chap-stick on my lips, and then I drink some water. Every night. 
This is just the tip of the iceberg! I am sure that there a a million other things about myself that make me completely unique! 

I realize that a post like this is completely abnormal. I also know that this is an invitation for you all to mock me:) Bring it on! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm speechless...I didn't know it was this bad. Really, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I can be obsessive about stepping/not stepping on cracks.

    Also, anything new that I find interesting and I obsess over it. Going on a trip, it's all I can think about. Research it, talk about it, think about it. But it's like that with EVERYTHING I do, see, watch, read...anything new. Things recently include Genghis Khan, blogging, Turkey, Jane Austen...and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing that with every episode we watch I'm forcefully reminded of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. It's nice to know I'm not the only quirky person out there. I count everything, by fours. I count fours by fours and four fours by four, too. I like powers of two, so I guess that makes sense. I even count seconds, when keeping time, by fours 16's, 64's, etc.

    I also count ceiling tiles and light fixtures. It can be hard shopping at Wal-mart because I sometimes get so distracted counting the number of fluourescent lights hanging from the ceiling X the number tubes per fixture X the Watts per tube X the price per killowatthour. It's not cheap to keep all those lights running. But, why should I care.

    Thanks for sharing - it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete