Friday, April 22, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

I have a bit of an obsessive personality, especially when it comes to things I like. I am a pretty picky person, but when I find something I like, I stick with it exclusively. I think that it is hereditary. My mom saw that I liked to paint my toenails, so for every birthday, Christmas, special occasion, she would give me tons of nail polish. Now I have a shoe box full of it...and I hardly use it anymore:) I can feel the same way about foods. I went through a baked potato phase a few years ago...I ate them every day for dinner for about a week. I could eat the same things for a long period of time if I really like it. Right now, I have a few things that I love. I will replace them the moment that I run out of them and there are some foods that I could eat every day.

Pink from Victoria's Secret
I love this body spray. It is very light and fresh. It is a nice change from a heavy perfume. Shout out to Anna for introducing me to it!

Yummy! 
I have never enjoyed marinara sauce at all. I want to like it. I love all of the things in it...tomatoes, garlic, herbs. I always try marinara when someone else eats it, but I have never liked it. My husband loves chicken parmesan and he wanted me to make it, so I tried this sauce and I loved it. Since then I have used this sauce exclusively.

Yogurt and granola
This is one of those things that I eat everyday. Sometimes I have it for breakfast, sometimes for a snack. EVERY day. I really like Special K granola with vanilla yogurt. Yum!

Earplugs! 
I married a man who snores. I can sleep through it, but only if I am asleep first. If he falls asleep and starts snoring, I can't sleep. When I am up and I hear him snore, I become completely irrational. I elbow him, "accidentally" wake him up, and think about smothering him with a pillow! Fortunately, my mother-in-law has been through the same thing with my father-in-law and she gave me a pair of earplugs. They changed my life. I would get so mad at myself for getting mad at him for snoring. Now, I put in my earplugs and I get better sleep than ever. They have made me so much happier and I think my husband is much happier too. He gets better sleep too:)

'Fro tamer! 
This is one of my favorite hair products ever! I have extremely thick hair that is wavy/curly/crazy. This is the best thing I have found in such a long time. It is like a cross between a cream and a gel. (see, it's called a cream-gel) It doesn't make my hair stiff like a gel can, but it is better than a mousse. It leaves my hair soft and frizz-free. It is faboo!

Love these cleaning supplies! 
If you haven't tried Method cleaning products, put it on your list of things to do. It is all natural, freshly scented, and very reasonably priced. The multi-surface cleaner is my favorite, but I also like the window cleaner and the wood cleaner. The multi-surface cleaner is grapefruit scented, window cleaner is mint, and the wood cleaner is almond.

Marimekko coinpurse
This is not the exact one that I have, but it is similar. My husband has a cousin who lives in Finland and when he and his wife came to visit, they brought me one of these. I LOVE it! It is too large for a "coin" purse, but I keep some lip glosses in it in my purse. I recently browsed their website and I am in love with the fabrics. I want to use them throughout my house! So cute!

These are just a few of the things that I am currently obsessed with. What things do you love right now?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh!!! I am liking quite a few things I saw on here. I am going to have to try to check them out asap! I am really like Glen Muir pasta sauces because they are organic and yumm-o! I also am loving Seventh Generation dish liquid. I have no dishwasher so washing dishes is a part of my daily life. This stuff smells great, works even better, and is a green product. Great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete