Saturday, April 9, 2011

It has been a while

It has been a long time since I last blogged. These last 2 weeks have been incredibly busy! We had a week long revival and then last Saturday my BFF arrived! We have had an amazing week together, catching up, laughing, and driving my husband crazy. You know how when you are away from someone for a while and things get a little awkward when you first talk to them. That SO does not happen with us! Last Saturday, we went to my in-laws to hang out and play games and Karen and I were talking away. When we are together, we talk really, really fast! My father-in-law commented that he knew we were talking, but he couldn't understand anything we were saying.

Then on Wednesday, my former supervisor and friend came to stay with us as well. She, her daughter, and another friend. We spent the afternoon shopping and then they came to church with us. Then all 6 of us crowded into our tiny place for the night. It makes me love my husband even more for putting up with 5 women in his house for the evening!

Karen and I had a fun week together. She came and had lunch with me at my school and met my students.  We stayed up late talking and enjoyed just hanging out. Then yesterday I left school early and we drove to the beach. She and I spent time just sitting on the beach talking and catching up. It was so relaxing! I love the sound of the water and the wind. It was a good time. After a good dinner, we came home.

Sadly, this morning she had to go back home. I hate when she has to leave, but it is so good to know that when we do have a chance to hang out, that it is just like the old days. I am so thankful to have such a good friend.

I am also so glad to have a husband who will let me hang out with my friends all week. He's a good guy!

It says, "I love Juan" I wrote it with my monkey toes:)

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun week, though. It's always great to have Karen visit. These past couple of weeks have been exhausting though, not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete