Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Reflections



  • This year, my husband I and I spent our 3rd Christmas as a married couple. I can hardly believe it. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, but it has, I checked:) My husband loves Christmas. He LOVES it. He loves giving gifts, decorating, celebrating. He loves everything about it. He is a very thoughtful gift-giver and gets so much joy from giving a great gift. He spoils me. This year, he got me some amazing gifts that I am incredibly thankful for. 
  • I was sick on Christmas this year. I don't know who gave me the cooties, but I did not ask for them! Seriously, it was on my list of things I specifically did not want for Christmas. I spent all of Christmas Eve coughing and was so stuffy I couldn't taste Christmas dinner. The food looked amazing though. 
  • I am excited to get all of the Christmas stuff put away. I feel disheveled when the decorations are out and the furniture is in a different spot to accommodate the tree. I don't like change, so it will be good to have things back to normal. I am even going to put the mistletoe away this year. It has been hanging in our doorway since last Christmas. 
  • We have spent a lot of good quality family time with my inlaws. They are so good to me. God knew what I needed when he gave them to me. I secretly believe that I am their favorite, but that is probably because I took my husband off their hands. 
  • I am loving my time off from work. Being a teacher certainly has it's perks, and vacation time is the best. Of course, I still have some work to do, but at least I don't have to teach all day. My time off has given me some much needed me-time. Time to be lazy. Time to read. Time to drink a cup of coffee. Time to be a better wife to my husband. And the best part is that I still have a week left! 
  • This year I tried not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season. I didn't over-commit myself to lots of parties, too much shopping, or too many self-made deadlines. It really made Christmas enjoyable for me. My husband and I worked hard to plan ahead and shop early for Christmas. The only real shopping we did in the month of December was online shopping and that made for a really happy me. Nothing can steal my holiday spirit like a trip to Wal-mart a few days before Christmas. 
  • Now I am looking forward to the new year. I like getting a fresh start. I like to make goals for myself and trying to follow them. I have already begun on my list of resolutions. I don't believe that making a resolution will make me follow it or make me a better person, but it is a good time of goal-setting. Simple goals like flossing my teeth every day, drinking more water, being a better friend, establishing a plan for world peace, solving the U.S. debt crisis, eliminating skinny jeans from the world, formulating a way to keep bad things from happening to good people. You know, the usual. 
I pray you and yours had a very Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better baby. It's been a rough weekend, but I am so glad you got to enjoy yourself. And I am so glad we didn't get caught up in the crazy shopping that was happening either.

    P.S. More water?

    ReplyDelete