Thursday, May 31, 2012

This week's cravings

Everyone keeps asking me what I am craving while expecting. I know they are secretly hoping to hear something absurd like chocolate covered grilled cheese sandwiches or pickles and ice cream drizzled with barbecue sauce (eww! That one made me gag a little.) Sadly for them and luckily for me, I haven't had any off-the-wall cravings as of yet. I have experienced more of the food I can't eat than the ones I can. I can't eat chicken, eggs, or anything spicy (and if you know me very well, you know I love the spicy food!). Anything with strong flavor, the hint of spice, or red sauce gives me heartburn from my nose to my knees. So, I feel a little limited. However, someone recently asked me if I was having cravings, and I said no, but then I told them what I had been eating over the past few days, and it was confirmed. I am having some not-so-unusual food cravings. And here they are:)


  • Peaches--not just any peaches. They must be locally grown. They just taste better. And since I live in peach country, they are easy to find.  In a 2 day period, I ate 5 of them. Apparently, that constitutes a craving:)

  • Buttermilk Ranch Dressing--and of course, it is a very specific kind as well. It must be the Hidden Valley Ranch powder pack made with real buttermilk. SO DELICIOUS! I have had it almost every day this week. This one is not really my fault. While I was in Indianapolis, we had it at a lunch and it changed my life. 

  • Salads--big ones. Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese, turkey, radishes, carrots, cabbage....mmmmm! Super healthy and a super effective method of getting the buttermilk ranch into my belly:)

  • Lemonade--I have been drinking what feels like gallons of water over the past few months, but recently, all I want is lemonade. Chick-fil-a has awesome lemonade and I really like Simply Lemonade too. But to be more cost effective, I got some of the powdered stuff I can mix up myself. So yummy, and I like the tartness. 

  • Bagels--I know you were thinking that there must be some intensely bad food on this list of cravings, but bagels are about as bad as it gets. I like it toasted with butter. Or toasted with peanut butter. Or toasted with honey nut cream cheese. This morning I had one half with peanut butter and one half with honey nut cream cheese. Deeee-lightful!

That is really it for now. Maybe I will post these from time to time to see how it changes from now till October. Thankfully, this baby likes fruits and veggies and mostly healthy foods. It sure beats needing giant burritos or pizzas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment