Tuesday, December 18, 2012

10 Reasons I Am Glad I'm Not Pregnant Anymore

I love that I was able to have a baby! If you read my blog, or know me well, you know that our sweet baby is a little miracle. But I am incredibly thankful that I am not pregnant anymore. In fact, here are 10 reasons I am glad I'm not pregnant anymore.


  1. The heartburn--Oh my word! I had the worst heartburn ever while I was pregnant. I think I went through about 5 giant bottles of Tums and gallons of milk while I was pregnant. Now if the old wive's tale is true, and I believe it is, then the heartburn is responsible for my sweet baby's head full of hair :)
  2. Bending--I had a HUGE belly by the end. My poor husband would get home from work and go around the house and pick up all of the things I had dropped since he left. If I did try to pick something up off the floor, I would look around and pick up as much as I could in one swoop. 
This was taken just a week or two before the baby arrived. 
3. Getting off the sofa--With a giant belly, getting off the sofa was incredibly comical. It was a multi-step process. A process that my husband loved to laugh at. 
4. No more dumb questions from anyone and everyone--"Are you STILL pregnant?" "You sure there's only one in there?" "Are you still around?" I certainly don't miss those questions! 
5. I fit behind my steering wheel--By the very end of my pregnancy, my belly rested against the steering wheel. Now I have plenty of room and I even moved my seat back up a little!
6. Spicy food is back--I LOVE spicy food. Jalapenos on my baked potato. Taco sauce on tacos. Spicy anything. But while I was expecting, they caused MAJOR heartburn. Heartburn that burned through to my back. Heartburn that went from my nose to my knees. Now I can take the heat again :) 
7. I'm comfy in my bed again--During September and October, I hated my bed. I dreaded going to sleep every night. I am a tummy sleeper, but obviously I couldn't sleep like that anymore. I would adjust my 10 zillion pillows and nearly edge my husband off the bed, and still I would not be comfortable. Then there was the rolling over. That was about an eleven step process. Now my bed is comfy again, and I am finally sleeping well again. (Not for many hours at a time, but better when I do sleep.)
8. Barfing--Gross, I know, but this one must be on my list. I was one of the "lucky" ladies that was plagued with morning sickness for 9 months. I never went more than a few days in a row without getting sick. It was awful. Anything and everything made me sick. And I got sick everywhere. Now, I haven't been sick since the Thursday before Z was born, and I do NOT miss it! 
9.Clothes issues--By the end of my pregnancy I only had a handful of things that still fit. All of my skirts that were knee-length were way to short and I had to wear tanks under my shirts to cover my belly. Thank goodness that maxi dresses were in style this year or I would have really struggled to find things to wear to school. Now, slowly but surely, I am getting my wardrobe back! 
10.And the best reason I am glad to not be pregnant anymore:
Seriously, have you seen this kid? He is amazing! Definitely the best thing I have ever made!
So, there you have it! The top 10 reasons I am glad I am not pregnant anymore. People have told me that once I had the baby, I would start to forget how miserable I was while I was pregnant, and that is very true. I think more people would only have one child if they remembered everything vividly! 

1 comment: