Friday, January 21, 2011

one of THOSE days

Have you ever had one of those days? The kind that begins with really good intentions, and somewhere around mid-morning everything falls apart. I had one of those days today. I woke up in a bad mood because the alarm went off early. A whole 5 minutes, at least! (of course, the reason for the early wake-up was because I have been running late the past few days:)

Then the morning ran rather smoothly until I snagged my pantyhose and had change at the last minute. I think that is what started the bad morning. Anytime you have to stuff yourself into pantyhose more than once in a day makes it a bad day. Then I was still late leaving. When I arrived at school, I dropped my lunch:( I honestly thought about jumping up and down on my lunch box and screaming, but there were students and parents everywhere, so that was not the best option.

I had forgotten all about dropping my lunch until snack time, when I opened my lunch and found that my yogurt had exploded upon hitting the ground and now everything was covered in pink raspberry yogurt. As I was wiping off the pink gelatinous goo from my banana, string cheese, I once again thought about just throwing the whole thing in the trashcan and setting it on fire.

From there, my day didn't get worse, it just leveled off. I felt that everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Then as I was gathering all my things to come home, I realized that no matter how bad my circumstances are, I can still choose my attitude toward them. I may not have stomped my feet and had a fit, but I certainly was having one on the inside. I chose the wrong attitude today.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day...and the alarm won't be set...and thankfully we are out of yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment