Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's the final countdown...to spring break!

Again, the greatest perk of being a teacher is that I get some amazing time off! Next week is our spring break. I thought it would never get here. As a teacher, the longest time of the year seems to be Christmas break to spring break and spring break to summer break. I am so pumped about spring break this year. No, we aren't traveling. My husband won't even have any time off during my break. But, I have been making a list of things I want to accomplish this week! I know!! It's only the dream of my life to be able to accomplish so much during my time off. I love a to-do list, so I have been making one for spring break. 

  1. Finish one of my classes. Working on my master's has never been easy, but now that I am married, it is tons harder. I am going to buckle down. I am going to finish Supervision of School Personnel! I CAN DO IT!!
  2. Clean out my closet. I am the proud owner of the world's smallest closet. Currently the door barely closes from the unbelievable amount of junk that I have packed into it. I am so excited to pull everything out, get rid of some stuff, and put it away neatly. (no sarcasm here! I really do love to organize!)
  3. Clean the oven. I HATE to clean the oven. I try really hard to make it so that I never have to clean it, but I haven't been successful. Recently I baked some sweet potatoes and the foil was too loose around them. When they got hot, a slimy leak occurred and it puffed up like a marshmallow in the bottom of the oven. It is black now! YUCK!
  4. Organize the laundry room. I am sure that everyone has a room that they don't want anyone to see. Ours is the laundry room. It is the home for homeless stuff. There are beach towels, sunscreen, halloween decorations, and about a million other random things in there. Many things can be parted with, but what stays behind will be much neater. 
  5. Take a trip to the eye doctor.  I am practically blind. I have a fear of most every kind of doctor, and the eye doctor is no exception. But, for the safety of other drivers on the road, it is my obligation to go have an exam. Hopefully I don't have to get coke-bottle thick glasses. 
That's not too bad! Only 5 major things on my list of things to do. I will report back with some pictures and progress! 

Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. 1) YOU CAN DO IT, BABY!!!

    2) It sucks that we have such a small closet in the bedroom...hopefully whenever we get our house we'll be able to share a humongous walkin!

    3) Ew

    4) "Many things can be parted with."
    Say what?

    5) Yes it is.

    ReplyDelete