Saturday, July 9, 2011

Independence week recap

This has been a super busy week. Clearly, blogging hasn't been my top priority. Last Thursday, my brother arrived for a long weekend. I am so glad he got to come since I don't see him very often. We made fajitas on Friday night and then we had a nice evening hanging out and talking. Then on Saturday, my BFF Karen arrived for the weekend as well. We hung out at my in-laws pool on Saturday night and then headed home for some rest and church on Sunday. After church on Sunday, we came home and made some food to take over to the in-laws for the big shindig. My brother made some amazing hot rice and I made a flag cake and chocolate covered strawberries and some green pepper salad and an aMaZiNg broccoli salad. Then we spent the afternoon in the pool with all the family and lots of friends. When it was finally dark, we watched some fireworks. My brother had to leave on Monday morning, so my husband and Karen and I headed back to the pool for some sunshine. Tuesday, the hubs had to go back to work, so Karen and I spent the day relaxing and watching movies and then Wednesday we shopped a bit before she had to go home.

Thursday, the husband had to go to work and I spent the day cleaning and researching a bit. I use the term researching loosely, because the moment I started to research, I fell asleep. When my husband got home,  his long weekend began. We are celebrating our anniversary this weekend and our only plan is to have no plan. We are going to do what we want to do, whenever we want. So far, it has been amazing. I am so glad we have 3 more days of this:)

1 comment:

  1. That broccoli salad was amazing. This is going to be an awesome weekend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete