Monday, July 11, 2011

Super Anniversary Weekend

This weekend, my husband and I were so blessed to spend time celebrating our 2nd anniversary. In so many ways, I can't believe it's been 2 years already, and yet in so many other ways, it seems like it's been longer. I am so thankful that I have a good husband, who loves me, who takes care of me, who puts up with me, and who loves to spend time with me.

He took off Friday and Monday, and we have had 4 days together. We thought about heading to the beach, but since the weather didn't look that great we stayed home. We made only one plan over the weekend and that was to make no plans, it was the no-plan plan. It has been incredible. We slept late, went out to eat a lot, stayed in and watched shows and movies, went to see a movie, played games, shopped, and talked a lot. We love to take a trip down memory lane and remember what we were doing on the days leading up to the wedding. We talked about every detail of our dating relationship, and talked about plans for the future. We sat up late on Saturday simply talking about how much we loved each other. Mushy, I know, but it sure was good to spend some time with the man of my dreams. Now, before you try to take my man's man card for the mushy talk, just know that he spent the morning doing jobs around the house with some power tools. And that is one more reason I love this man so much. He spent a part of this long weekend helping me do things around the house that get overlooked when we are both busy.

Here are some of my favorite memories of my wedding, as seen by some of our guests:
That's my pastor in the front, giving the blessing over our ceremony , and  my associate pastor (who was my youth pastor) behind him. And that's us on the top of the stairs. This is my favorite picture of the whole wedding. Thanks, Susan for keeping your eyes open during the prayer and capturing this!



These are the girls that got me through the day. My BFF Karen is at the top, Anna in the middle, and Angela is the one wiping the tears at the bottom. Then there is my sweet niece Deanna at the bottom. They look so amazing! 



The Kiss! and I love that you can see Mr. Salazar, who performed our wedding, looking up at us. I was super nervous about the kiss! As soon as we stopped locking lips, Mr. Salazar announced that we were man and wife and my good friend Jen sang "At Last" as we exited the sanctuary. It was a perfect moment.

I do apologize for the blurriness of this one, but I love it so much. This was when we stepped into the reception and they announced us as Mr. and Mrs. I love how happy we both look. Thanks, Jen for getting this picture! 

I am so grateful to have spent these last two years as the wife of my amazing husband. I would love to say that they have been perfect, but they haven't. We have endured some rough times, but we have grown as a result of the rough times. Plus, the good far outweighs the bad, so for that I am extremely thankful. I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us.

1 comment: