Monday, June 13, 2011

Life's a Beach!

I love the beach! My husband took Friday off and whisked me away to Gulf Shores. We stayed in a great hotel, visited great restaurants, went sight-seeing (some intentional, some because we couldn't find a certain place!), but my absolute favorite part of the trip was the time we spent at the beach. It is so relaxing to just sit or lie there watching the waves crash into the shore. We collected shells, found sand dollars, walked along the beach, swam, spotted dolphins from the coast, had a picnic, and my new favorite thing, coffee on the beach. We spent time at the beach on Friday, most of Saturday, and Sunday morning. Saturday was the best. I am an early riser, so I convinced my honey to get up and go early. I am so glad we did! When we arrived at the beach, it wasn't even 8 a.m. There was hardly anyone there. It was so peaceful. We walked and talked and drank our coffee. I am sure I will share a little more of our adventures later, but for now, here are some photos of the trip:
Saturday morning at the beach. So peaceful! 

This is how excited my husband gets about the beach! 

ahhhhhhhhhh! 

My beach treasures! Such lovely shells!

 BEST. MORNING. EVER. Coffee+Beach=one happy me! 

We had big waves on Friday! Hubby likes to body surf. I like to watch people get washed ashore:) 

The longest hike EVER across sand. Yellow flag=big waves! 

Beach graffiti

That dark spot is a dolphin. We saw them every day from the beach. 

Our view from the boat Saturday night. 
What an awesome weekend. I am so thankful that we live so close to the beach. I love to go and spend time with my husband. It was such a blessing to be able to get away. We are so thankful for the resources we have been blessed with. This trip was just what we both needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment