Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Produce Ponderings

I tend to do some real thinking while at the produce stand. Not deep thinking, mind you, but thinking. I was shopping for some fresh fruits and veggies and I began to ponder some questions. Here is a sampling of what I remember.
  • Asparagus:Am I the only person who thinks about the song from an episode of Alf every time I see or say asparagus? "Asparagus, Asparagus, help put us on your table, Asparagus, Asparagus, something, something, Aunt Mabel". (You can see that amazing song here. The awesomeness appears around the 3 minute mark.) 
  • Onions: Do people really need onions the size of their head? I can't think of anything that I cook that would require onions any larger than my fist. 
  • Old bananas: Is it just me, or is getting old, freckly bananas for 10 cents a pound really exciting? Think of the possibilities: banana bread and...ok, that's all I have, but banana bread is exciting, right? 
  • Corn on the cob:Why are they 3 for a dollar? Do most families have just 3 people in them? Or multiples of 3? Mark those suckers 33 cents each. I don't want to feel pressured to buy 3 ears of corn when the hubby and I are only going to eat 2. 
  • Yogurt:Is it completely necessary to put that yogurt contains milk on the label? That's a given, isn't it? Are there milk-less yogurts available? 
With all of these questions and thinking, it shouldn't be a surprise that I bought blueberries twice today. Yup, once at the grocery store and once at the produce stand. Also, I cannot confirm or deny that I was the one who did this as I entered the parking lot. I was in a hurry, it was raining. You get the idea. 






1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that was like that when you got there. And why are you pondering things while grocery shopping? Is that the new zen shopping?

    Wait...does that work?

    ReplyDelete