Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Popcorn Night

Wednesday night is popcorn night. It is one of my favorite things. My husband works really long hours and on Wednesday, it seems longer. He usually gets home around 7:30 in the evening, so during the week, we eat dinner together when he gets home. Except on Wednesdays. By the time he gets home, I am already at church. He comes and sneaks in late and by the time we get home it is 8:15 or later. We don't get to have dinner together on Wednesdays at all. He and I pick up something separately and dine solo.

This is why we have Popcorn Night. It is a scheduled part of our routine, and we work hard to make sure that neither of us have any work to finish during that time. After church, my husband pops a huge bowl of popcorn (the good stuff, made on the stove). Then we settle in for some TV, a movie, or sometimes we just sit and talk and catch up. This time on Wednesday evenings has become one of my favorite things. I look forward to it. It breaks up the week. It feels like a date night stuck right in the middle of the week. We catch up, make weekend plans, talk, laugh...all while eating some delicious popcorn.

This morning, as my husband kissed me good-bye and headed off to work, he said, "It's Popcorn Night". I love how we both look forward to spending even just a few hours in the evening together. So, if you need me tonight, you know where to find me. I will be sitting with my man, watching some silly show, eating some awesome popcorn.
Yumm-O
What do you do to stay connected when life gets busy?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I usually schedule popcorn night...oh wait, you're not talking to me, are you?

    I always look forward to popcorn night. When we get to come home and relax over some delicious popcorn. I love spending time with you.

    ReplyDelete