Friday, June 17, 2011

My spoiled husband

I love being a teacher. I absolutely love what I do. And I love having the summer off. However, I realized that my husband enjoys me being out of school even more than me. During the school year, we are both so busy. He has a long commute and I have long hours and work to finish at home. While school is in session, things around the house don't get accomplished like they should. Things are messier, the laundry piles up, the refrigerator becomes empty, and my husband is busier. He gets up and makes breakfast and packs our lunches, makes the bed, and he unloads the dishwasher.

But now that it is summer, he is getting so spoiled. I do everything. I love that I get to take care of him and give him a break, but I worry that he will become accustomed to this lifestyle. Perhaps I should stop doing so much. Yeah right, I secretly love being able to do so much for a man who is so good to me. Besides, I don't mind making the bed, especially if that means I can get back in it when he goes to work.

I married a good man. One who supports everything I do, who encourages me when I take on something new, who motivates me when I feel discouraged. Spoiling him during the summer only seems fair. Besides, when school starts again, it's back to the grind for both of us. He should enjoy this while it lasts:)

Me and the spoiled hubby! 

1 comment:

  1. Wait...you go back to sleep when I leave? No fair!

    I hate making the bed. HATE IT. I don't understand what it is about it...I just know that I hate making it. I love when it's made, I just don't want to be the one who does it.

    ReplyDelete