Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow! We have had a great weekend! My in-laws took the long weekend to head to the beach so my husband and I took full advantage of their pool. On Saturday, we headed to their house with some good things to grill. It was fantastic! I have never grilled in my life, unless you count all my hard work on the George Foreman grill. My sister-in-law had some chicken and steaks and we brought burgers and sausages. I would have to say that my first grilling experience was a success. Especially the chicken! Yum! It was so delicious...and the piece I ate while in the pool was even better! Fact: Things taste better when eaten in a pool.

MMM...for grill that was good food! 
We spent hours and hours in the pool and snacking on yummy grilled goodness. It was just what I needed to recover from a long week of finishing things up at school. We came home Saturday evening and I fell asleep while watching a movie.

Sunday morning, we went to church as usual, and after church my husband took me out to lunch. It was pretty much the only way that he was going to have lunch. I was still so tired from the day before that I was going to skip lunch and go straight to bed. We went to a local Mexican restaurant and had a great meal. I love to go to Mexican places with my husband. He always speaks Spanish to the workers and this time was no exception. But this time, the man at the cash register asked me if I spoke Spanish and we had an extremely short conversation in Spanish. This is a big accomplishment for me. I have taken years of Spanish, but I am too self-conscious to speak. I understand a lot of it, but don't tell my in-laws:-)  After lunch, it was time for a good old Baptist nap. I slept for 3 glorious hours before I had to head to choir practice. After church on Sunday, we hung out with some good friends and had some great conversation.

Monday morning, I had to get some things accomplished around the house, so my awesome husband helped with some of the chores. By 11:00 we were finished and on our way to the pool. This time we had the place to ourselves and it was so hot and sunny. SO HOT! It is a million degrees or so here. We called our friends and they came over with their cute son and we grilled again. It was such a relaxing day. At the end of the day, our tummies were full and our skin was singed, so it was time to head home.
aaaahhhhhh...refreshing! 


We had a great time this weekend. We relaxed. We spent time with friends and family. We swam. We ate. We rested. What a great weekend! It was just what I needed.

1 comment:

  1. It was exactly what I needed too! I seriously did not want to go back to work Tuesday...I had to be pried out of bed.

    Fact: You're right. No pool-chicken-eating pics?

    ReplyDelete