Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pecan Chicken

I love the summer time. I love not having a lot to do. I love the great summer vegetables and fruits that are available. I do however, hate planning meals in the summer. I love to cook, but it is so hot in the summer that I want to just eat Popsicles for dinner every day. I am always trying to find new things to make in the summer and new ways to use the delicious fresh things I find at the local produce stand. This is a recipe that I have used forever, but I have only made it once since I got married. Last night we had a great dinner of pecan chicken, asparagus, and sweet potatoes. It was delicious. The pecan chicken is very simple to make.

What you need:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 egg white
salt and pepper
low fat honey mustard (we like Newman's) for dipping

Place the egg white in one shallow bowl and pecans and parsley in another.

Dip the chicken in the egg white and then into the pecan and parsley mixture. Put on a baking sheet and then add salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is done.

Since I was heating up the oven for the chicken anyway, I decided to put some sweet potatoes and asparagus in as well. The asparagus was so delicious. I brush them with olive oil and lemon juice and then add a little salt and pepper. The asparagus only takes from 5 to 10 minutes to cook, so I put it in when the chicken was almost ready.
mmmmm!
As soon as my husband came home, dinner was ready. We had a delicious and relaxing dinner. I think that we will have it more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment